Big, bold and complex, our Missouri Norton wine is an amazing complement to a delicious steak. Ready to take your steak to the next level? Follow this video on making your own Norton Wine Steak Sauce:
Time: 25-30 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
1 tbsp- Canola oil
4 (6-8 oz) Steaks, sirloin
3 tbsp- Shallots, minced
2 tsp- Fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 cup- Missouri Norton (full-bodied red wine)
1/2 cup- Beef stock, unsalted
1 1/2 tsp- Butter, unsalted
1/2 tsp- Dijon mustard
1 tbsp- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat.
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add shallots and rosemary to pan; sauté 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Add wine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef stock; cook 4-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from heat. Add butter and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste; stir with a whisk.
- Top steaks with sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serve alongside a glass of Boenker Hill’s Missouri Norton and enjoy!